When cold weather strikes it can take its toll on our skin – and the first area to show the effects of winter weather is often our hands. Coping with the effects of dry skin is not only uncomfortable but when it’s at its worst, it can be downright painful.
While weather conditions aren’t the only reason for dryness, they are one of the most common causes. But whether your dry hands are caused by the lack of moisture in the air, repeated handwashing, environmental irritants, genetics, or a medical condition, finding products that actually provide long-lasting relief for dry, red, and cracked hands can sometimes prove difficult. It’s no coincidence that aloe (rather than water) is the first ingredient in every Lexli product formulation. Aloe skin benefits include the ability to accelerate healing, soothe the skin and optimize dryness – all factors that make it excellent for use on chapped skin.
Looking for a way to find relief quickly? The following hand regimen features some of our customer-favorite products that, when used consistently, are proven to soften hands, encourage healing and leave skin feeling comfortable and nurtured.
Lexli Three-Step Hand Treatment
Step 1: Cleanse
- Moisten hands and apply Lexli Cleansing Lotion.
- Gently rub hands together until you have a slight lather.
- Rinse under lukewarm water and blot gently with towel.
Filled with moisturizing ingredients and a healing base of organic, pharmaceutical-grade aloe vera, Lexli Cleansing Lotion helps to minimize inflammation and leaves your skin feeling hydrated and soft. In this treatment, it removes any product you have applied to your hands, helps to remove flaking skin, and provides a foundation for the products that follow.
Step 2: Exfoliate
- Apply AloeGlyC® glycolic acid exfoliator to your hands. You can either apply only to tops of hands or rub in like you would a lotion. Allow product to sit on the skin for 10 to 15 minutes before moving on to the last step. Do not remove exfoliator.
- NOTE: If skin is cracked, avoid applying AloeGlyC to these areas of open skin!
Lexli’s glycolic acid exfoliator works to loosen and remove dead skin cells and reduces dry patches and flakiness. AloeGlyC® also helps to prepare your skin to better absorb other products like moisturizers and lotions.
Step 3: Moisturize
- Apply Lexli Hand and Body Lotion to hands. Massage into skin until fully absorbed.
This last step is the ultimate therapy for dry hands or any part of the body that is in need of instant relief. Because Hand & Body delivers a high concentration of pure aloe vera that minimizes inflammation along with humectants and emollients that help the skin achieve long-lasting hydration, it will immediately soothe uncomfortable skin.
For best results, it is recommended that the Lexli Hand Treatment be applied up to twice daily until skin is fully repaired.